Sunday, May 3, 2015
How to Remove Arsenic for Home Well Water After Injection with Hydrogen Peroxide
Several years ago I purchased a hydrogen peroxide injection system from your company to treat several issues and am very happy with it. I recently had a water test performed which indicated an arsenic level of .032mg/l. Do you have any advice on systems to remediate this that are compatible with my current treatment system?
Hello Mr. Hayes,
Thank you for contacting us through our support feature.
I looked up your order, it looks like specifically you have a Stenner injection pump and tank, 40-gallon contact tank, and a Centaur catalytic carbon filter. I’m glad to hear that’s working out well for you.
We offer arsenic removal systems for both whole-house as well as just treatment for under-sink drinking water use. As you might expect, it’s much easier and less expensive to treat arsenic just for drinking water, using an under-sink cartridge system with a dedicated faucet, like this Adedge product here:
AdVantEdge Plus - w/ Faucet
AdVantEdge High Capacity DWS-4151-01 Arsenic Filter system design ideal for undercounter household residential use. Rated cartridge life is every 12 months or 3,000 gallons whichever comes first (removes up to 100 ppb arsenic).
For whole-house treatment, we would ideally need to see the full analysis including iron, silica content, and hardness, in order to make a recommendation. To give you an idea though, here is a fairly standard whole-house arsenic system you might benefit from:
Arsenic Filter System Adedge 2 cu foot
• Adedge 2 cu foot with backwashing control valve.
• Maximum flow rate is 7 gallons per minute.
• Backwash flow rate required is 5 gallons per minute.
• AD-33 provides cost effective centralized arsenic treatment with a typical life of 1-3 years before replacement.
• The media exhibits high operating capacity across a wide range of pH, influent arsenic concentrations and flow rates.
• It is simple to apply in standard POE vessels with typical flow rates of 2-10 gallons per minute.
• Once the media is exhausted, AD-33 can be discarded as a non-hazardous waste (specific state requirements should be consulted).
• Media is easy to handle and can be stored and shipped dry.
• AdEdge Technologies AD-33 media is the industry standard for arsenic reduction that reduces up to 99% of total arsenic, including both arsenic (III) and arsenic (V).
• It is also effective in reducing other heavy metals such as lead, cadmium, chromium, antimony, and molybdenum.
• This revolutionary iron-based granular adsorption media has 4 to 10 times the capacity of many adsorption medias.
• AdEdge’s product is specifically designed for commercial and residential POE and small systems to meet the new EPA arsenic standard of 10 ppb.
• Developed in the mid-nineties, this ferric oxide-based product has been successfully used in large-scale drinking water applications since 1999.
• The newAD-33 media is discardable when spent and requires no chemicals or regeneration.
• It has become the premier product of choice for POE whole-house drinking water treatment systems for reliable, cost-effective and proven reduction of arsenic.
• Filter tank diameter: 12 inches
• Height including control valve 60 inch
Please let us know if you have any questions. We would be happy to discuss this over the phone, anytime Monday through Friday, 8 to 5 Pacific Standard Time.